Is there an admin setting for timed logout? Can i modify at user level?

laura buonaiuto February 13, 2019

I am on VPN and am CONTINUALLY logged of of JIRA...i mean 10 minutes after using it. My internal support desk sends to the app manager here and they just note: nope, system is up vs. answering my question of whether there is a timeout somewhere in the app. organizational wide there is usually a 2hr timeout on most all cloud based apps, so i would expect that, but not every 10 minutes. Any assistance or verbiage to pass to the app admins in their language would help.

PS other VPN users in my org do not experience this. i see the doc note on using a separate browser; i do not but neither do users that do not get logged out 10x s a day.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Dear @laura buonaiuto,

the reason for your logouts is most probably located in the firewall of your VPN login server. It's a security issues for many companies to keep open connections as short as possible open to avoid session hitchhiking.

What you can do:

• ask the support of your organisation to tune your VPN profile (increase timeout)
  • send your own keep-alive from the browser with eg. a browser plugin

So long

Thomas

laura buonaiuto February 13, 2019

Thank you! I will try both!

Suggest an answer