Is there an Add on to Compare workflows between two instances?

BG Pantaleon June 11, 2022

Is there an available add-on to compare workflows between two instances? So we are actually migrating from server to cloud instance and some workflows are pretty complicated and a lot of configurations. Basically, I want to know if there is anyway to compare the workflows from source to target when it comes to configuration. E.g. Post functions, triggers, transitions, properties etc.

3 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakál _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2022

Hi @BG Pantaleon ,

Our app Glass Project Documentation for Jira is able to solve your problem!

We just released our newest feature: Jira Project Comparison, where workflows are compared as well!

You can export your config and upload on a different instance, and highlight changes!

Let me know if you have a question!

Best,
Balázs

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2022

Hi @BG Pantaleon ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As simple method you can export workflows as xml and try to compare xml file in order to find differences. (https://www.idalko.com/how-to-compare-workflows/)

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2024

Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ great idea!  I used the Compare plugin in Notepad++ to compare the two XML files - works brilliantly! Thanks again,

Kel

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

@BG Pantaleon 

Why don't you use either Configuration Manager or Project Configurator? Both plugins will save your sanity. You can migrate your workflows but of course after following some steps while working between Server and Cloud.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders