Is there a way to view issues Grouped By Assignee?

Fred Mastropasqua August 29, 2013

I do not like the "View Issues" view. I cannot easilly tell who has what issue while looking at the list as a whole. I do not want to have to go through each developer or click on every issue. Order by Assignee is almost pointless. Is there a way that view can be shown somewhere and all the issues are displayed but grouped by the Assignee?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi Fred,

If you have JIRA Agile installed (former Greenhopper) there is a neat way of doing this.

Create a Kanban board for the query in concern. Use Swimlanes to group by Assignee.

Then you will have a complete overview of your issues grouped by both assignee and statuses. If you don't need to see the different statuses you can configure one column containing all your workflow statuses.

What do you think? Would that solve your issue?

Kind regards,

// Svante

Fred Mastropasqua August 29, 2013

I think what Svante said could work. I'll have to create multiple boards. I'm trying this on my version but I only see my own tasks. I tried to create a quick filter where the JSQL was blank. That doesn't seem to work.

Looking at the two boards under Plan, they are different. The original has all the stories and the new one only has one that I'm on. Seems a lot of configuration work for something it should do out of the box. I'll keep playing with it.

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi Fred,

Ok, it seems that you have created SCRUM boards since you mention the Plan mode. These boards use the sprint concept and are not suitable for what you are looking for. Create a new board and make sure it is a Kanban board. This board type doesn't have the plan mode, just Work and Report.

To view the distribution of tasks between assignees you will use Work mode.

Secondly you should make sure that the underlying filter show all issues you want to see in the board. You can then filter it further in the board with the Quick filters, e.g. all In Progress issues, all high priority issues etc.

When you say that you only see your own issues my guess is that your underlying filter only show this. You should verify this. Start with a filter showing everything and the start adding clauses filtering the selection until you get what you loking for.

Hope this helped!

Rgrds,

// Svante

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2013

Suggest an answer