Is there a way to show on a Greenhopper Task Board the name of the assignee on the card.

Arnold Schoenfeld January 9, 2013

Hi

When we look at the task board it would be good if we could see the assignee's names attached to the stories and the tasks. Can I configure to do so?

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi Arnold,

The picture on the right is the avatar of the assignee, nice and visual.

Cheers,
Shaun

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Yeah, isn't that better than the name ;)

1 vote
Andrew Cohen December 12, 2013

Would love to see the user's initials used for their default avatar!!!! How can we request this feature?

1 vote
InvidFlower August 27, 2013

It'd be nice as an option.

Something I saw on another product that I liked was that if someone didn't have a picture set, it'd default to showing their initials. So if the person was named Oh Dae-su and haven't set their picture, it'd show OD in a box the same size. I think that'd be much more useful as the default than a generic head outline (you could even generate it as a picture when a user joins to make it more consistent with the current code).

1 vote
Robin Degen July 21, 2013

Shaun,

I find that answer really disappointing. The question of Arnold (and also mine) is to show the name, not a picture of the person in question. I gather from your answer that it's not possible to do so. It seems to be Atlassian's policy to answer missing feature questions with alternatives that have been implemented (and are dodgy at best), or simply "this is out of scope".

0 votes
Deleted user May 5, 2014

+1. The name makes sense as not everybody has a avatar pic and usually you just work with names when assigning/communicating.

0 votes
Mark Kreider December 17, 2013

The assignee initials would be very helpful.

0 votes
Arnold Schoenfeld January 11, 2013

Thanks for your help

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Have you considered setting your Swimlanes to be By Assignee?

Suggest an answer