It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to show on a Greenhopper Task Board the name of the assignee on the card.

Arnold Schoenfeld Jan 09, 2013

Hi

When we look at the task board it would be good if we could see the assignee's names attached to the stories and the tasks. Can I configure to do so?

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Arnold,

The picture on the right is the avatar of the assignee, nice and visual.

Cheers,
Shaun

Renjith Pillai Jan 10, 2013

Yeah, isn't that better than the name ;)

1 vote
Robin Degen Jul 21, 2013

Shaun,

I find that answer really disappointing. The question of Arnold (and also mine) is to show the name, not a picture of the person in question. I gather from your answer that it's not possible to do so. It seems to be Atlassian's policy to answer missing feature questions with alternatives that have been implemented (and are dodgy at best), or simply "this is out of scope".

1 vote
Shawn Fumo Aug 27, 2013

It'd be nice as an option.

Something I saw on another product that I liked was that if someone didn't have a picture set, it'd default to showing their initials. So if the person was named Oh Dae-su and haven't set their picture, it'd show OD in a box the same size. I think that'd be much more useful as the default than a generic head outline (you could even generate it as a picture when a user joins to make it more consistent with the current code).

1 vote
Andrew Cohen Dec 12, 2013

Would love to see the user's initials used for their default avatar!!!! How can we request this feature?

0 votes

Have you considered setting your Swimlanes to be By Assignee?

0 votes
Arnold Schoenfeld Jan 11, 2013

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Mark Kreider Dec 17, 2013

The assignee initials would be very helpful.

0 votes
m May 05, 2014

+1. The name makes sense as not everybody has a avatar pic and usually you just work with names when assigning/communicating.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to prevent the propagation of unused project schemes, workflows & screens in Jira software

Atlassian ranks project attributes as the third most important factor impacting performance in the category of data. It’s not surprising, since project attributes are precisely the rules used to ma...

1,320 views 1 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you