Is there a way to show on a Greenhopper Task Board the name of the assignee on the card.

Hi

When we look at the task board it would be good if we could see the assignee's names attached to the stories and the tasks. Can I configure to do so?

8 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Arnold,

The picture on the right is the avatar of the assignee, nice and visual.

Cheers,
Shaun

Yeah, isn't that better than the name ;)

Shaun,

I find that answer really disappointing. The question of Arnold (and also mine) is to show the name, not a picture of the person in question. I gather from your answer that it's not possible to do so. It seems to be Atlassian's policy to answer missing feature questions with alternatives that have been implemented (and are dodgy at best), or simply "this is out of scope".

It'd be nice as an option.

Something I saw on another product that I liked was that if someone didn't have a picture set, it'd default to showing their initials. So if the person was named Oh Dae-su and haven't set their picture, it'd show OD in a box the same size. I think that'd be much more useful as the default than a generic head outline (you could even generate it as a picture when a user joins to make it more consistent with the current code).

Would love to see the user's initials used for their default avatar!!!! How can we request this feature?

Have you considered setting your Swimlanes to be By Assignee?

Thanks for your help

The assignee initials would be very helpful.

+1. The name makes sense as not everybody has a avatar pic and usually you just work with names when assigning/communicating.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,426 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you