Is there a way to show Jira issues in Microsoft Teams without users needing a license?

Jason Huntowski December 1, 2020

I am using Jira Service Desk (or whatever it is called now) as an intake method for my teams requests. I have a need to share a specific filter for some of those requests with leadership in a Teams channel. I can't seem to figure out a way to share the issue list without them needing a Jira License. Obviously, I don't want to pay for a license for my leadership to be able to go to the Teams channel and look at an issue list. They do not need to interact with the issues and they do not need to create issues...just look. I want the list to be autonomous, not a manual spreadsheet upload. Any thoughts?

I did try adding the Jira Cloud connector in teams, but anyone without a license could not see the list and it asked them to login to Jira.

Thanks!

Jason

2 answers

0 votes
Mathias Tougaard Daugård January 31, 2022

I would like to hear about any possibilities on this!

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hello @Jason Huntowski 

I don't think it is possible at the moment do show issue lists anonymously.

Would you consider a list of issue delivered into Teams each day as a message, instead of a tab?

Thanks,

Leo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events