Is there a way to send notifications if you are using a simplified workflow JIRA Agile?

Dawn Fama October 3, 2013

We have JIRA Agile and my PM wants a notification when issues are created and when they move to Done status. All her projects are using the simplified workflow

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dawn Fama October 10, 2013

Please close, we had to add column on board to update the simplified workflow

0 votes
Dawn Fama October 9, 2013

The document link is for JIRA 6.1, we are using JIRA 5.2 and upgraded our GreenHopper to JIRA Agile which is where the project was created. The project was not created in JIRA. JIRA Agile has it's own built in workflow with different statuses than default JIRA workflow. The JIRA Agile Simplified workflow has To Do, In Process, and Done as the final status. When I configure notification I just want the PM to be notified when a task is moved to Done status. Thank you

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2013

Yes. Go to the workflow and check the events in the post functions. By default it will be, Issue Created and Generic Event but it could be Issue Resolved or something else for Done status if some one changed the workflow.

You can then modify the notification scheme to add recipients for both the events.

Dawn Fama October 6, 2013

Hello Jobin,

The workflow hasn’t changed, the status is done which is default simplified workflow and a global transition. However, there is no option to set a post function when the status is set to Done that I am aware of.

Thank you

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

You will have to modify your workflow. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Suggest an answer