Is there a way to save a jira ticket as a template ?

ahmed harchaoui May 11, 2023

I want to have a template ticket to reuse when needed without recreating the content each time or cloning an old one . Is this a feature that exists in jira?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @ahmed harchaoui ,

There is no such feature in Jira. To create templates, you have to use the app. I recommend an app my team developed: Issue Templates Agent for Jira. In this app, you can define templates which can be applied on the native Create issue screen. So it can make issue creation faster.

Hope it will be useful for your team.

~Kate

Thanks Katarzyna answering my question so quick!! I ll give it a try to see how it s working and will let you know.

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi @ahmed harchaoui

Kate is right. You might need to use an app for that.

If you need to set field values dynamically or want to template whole issue hierarchies I can also recommend our Deep Clone for Jira app. Templating is actually a widespread use case for that app. My colleague @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine even wrote an excellent community article about that use case.

Awesome Luka. Will give a try too to that second option. Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events