Is there a way to remove the "Classic..." menu item from the Agile menu?

Deleted user March 6, 2013

I'm setting up a brand spankin' new instance of JIRA/GreenHopper for an organisation, and would prefer them not to know about classic boards in the first place, as this may be a source of confusion for new users.

Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Ruflin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Hi Chris,

You can achieve this by disabling the corresponding menu item plugin modules.

1. Go to Add-Ons/Plugins
  2. Find GreenHopper in the list
  3. Click on the link that mentiones the number of enabled modules. This will expand a list with all plugin modules shipped with GreenHopper.
  4. Find following two modules and disable them: "greenhopper_menu_dropdown_classic", "greenhopper_classic_dropdown_item"
Haddon Fisher April 24, 2013

Hi Michael, I have a quick follow-up question. I'm in a similar situation to Chris, except we are using an onDemand instance. I see the modules you reference here and it looks like the 'disable' option is available; does that mean we can now disable these modules or is that a trap? Thanks!

Michael Ruflin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2013

Hi Haddon,

You are correct, ondemand customers can disable these modules too (one learns something new every day). I have updated the answer accordingly. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events