Is there a way to remove the "Classic..." menu item from the Agile menu?

I'm setting up a brand spankin' new instance of JIRA/GreenHopper for an organisation, and would prefer them not to know about classic boards in the first place, as this may be a source of confusion for new users.

Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Chris,

You can achieve this by disabling the corresponding menu item plugin modules.

1. Go to Add-Ons/Plugins
  2. Find GreenHopper in the list
  3. Click on the link that mentiones the number of enabled modules. This will expand a list with all plugin modules shipped with GreenHopper.
  4. Find following two modules and disable them: "greenhopper_menu_dropdown_classic", "greenhopper_classic_dropdown_item"

Hi Michael, I have a quick follow-up question. I'm in a similar situation to Chris, except we are using an onDemand instance. I see the modules you reference here and it looks like the 'disable' option is available; does that mean we can now disable these modules or is that a trap? Thanks!

Hi Haddon,

You are correct, ondemand customers can disable these modules too (one learns something new every day). I have updated the answer accordingly. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

989 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot