Is there a way to re label your created call so it goes into a different board?

Brooke Elliott January 15, 2019

In JIRA I created a "call" so it was assigned to service dispatch, however, it was supposed to go under a different board "ancillary".  Is there a way to make an edit so it goes on the correct board or do I need to delete it and start over?  I tried to reassign it to the correct board but it was not letting me....thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Hi Brooke, i'm not sure what you mean by "call" and not really following your question TBH. With that said, there are plenty of ways to ensure certain issues show on one board and not another. The board is simply a filtered view of issues so we simply need to ensure the "call" issues are distinguishable. For example maybe these would be a unique issuetype, have a unique Component value or label. You mention you tried to "reassign it to the correct board...". How are you 'reassigning'?

Brooke Elliott January 17, 2019

I am going to assume every business who has JIRA has it tailored to their own business needs? We have an "ancillary board" which If I were to go to "create" I would have to choose ancillary for it to show up on that board.  We also have a service dispatch board which is completely separate from y the ancillary board where when I hit "create" I would have to choose "call" for it to end up on the service dispatch board.  If I accidently choose call but it turns out it should be ancillary I am asking why it does not let me Edit the created  job or call I created to send it to the correct board?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

ok so i'm going to try to translate what I think you are saying into Jira terms and then working on the assumption that I have it correct, provide you some guidance.

You have a project where you are tracking issues. You have some number of issuetypes of which one is termed "call". All issues of type "call" will appear on a dedicated kanban board titled "service dispatch". You have one or more issuetypes that end up on a different board titled "ancillary". Now your question is how to change an issue so that it ends up on the appropriate board should it initially be on the wrong board.

Do I have it correct? If so...

Basically you need to change the issuetype to be the appropriate one. You will either do this by going to the issue detail view and selecting clicking on the current Type and selecting the new one OR, if the issuetypes are associated w/ different workflows you have to use the Move function. In Cloud this is found by clicking the ellipses in the issue detail view upper right.

Suggest an answer