Is there a way to not allow users to access Jira Agile Classic boards?

Ryan S January 30, 2014

Hello,

We just upgraded our Jira incstance all the way from 4.4 to 6.1 this week. We are wanting our users to live in the new Jira Agile rapid boards by removing the ability to access the 'Classic Boards'. I have removed the option from the dropdown as per this link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/145338/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-classic-menu-item-from-the-agile-menu

However, users have found another way to access the classic boards by accessing the icons that are found on the 'Agile' portion of a project's information. There are four icons that link to the various 'Classic' boards. Is there a way to completely disable the 'Classic' boards?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan S February 2, 2014

I found a way. If you remove a project from the Enabled Projects buckets of from the Add-ons menu. The classic boards will not be available any longer for the projects, but they will still be able to use the new functionality of the new rapid boards.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2014

I'm not aware if we can remove Classic board altogether, but you can disable the Agile tab in Project panel by disabling greenhopper-project-panel-tab module in JIRA Agile plugin. However, users are still able to access Classic board using a direct URL.

Suggest an answer