Is there a way to link Jira tickets to create a new card on Trello board?

Maggie Moy February 18, 2021

I recently enabled the power-up functionality to my Trello and understand how to link/create issues from the cards on my Trello board. However, I am having difficulty finding how to link JIRA tickets to my Trello board and if you're able to create a new card from a Jira ticket? I see that in Jira that the Jira Trello power-up has been added. Please advise and if you need more information, please let me know!

1 answer

0 votes
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2021

Hi Maggie Moy,

Welcome to the community

Based on what I understand from your query, my suggestion is to use the Jira Power-Up. This integration within Trello allows you to: 

• Link Jira issues (Task or Epic) to Trello cards so anyone can easily see who’s working on regardless of which tool they prefer to use. 
  • View important issue information in detail on the back of the Trello card.
  • See if your linked issues are done at a glance (from the front of the card) with color-coded badges that change as the ticket status changes in Jira. 
  • Create new issues in linked Jira projects right from Trello cards (that’s right—if you don’t want to go into Jira to make a ticket, you don’t have to!), and link back to those cards in Trello from Jira. 
  • Quickly jump to your Jira project by creating a link on your board.
Maggie Moy February 22, 2021

Hi Vinod,

I appreciate the reply. Are you able to take an already existing Jira ticket to create a card in Trello, or can I only create a card within Trello then link it to a Jira ticket? I already have the Jira Power-up set up in Trello.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events