Is there a way to have more than 30 Quick Filters on a project Board?

Alicia_Peebles November 28, 2022

We have a very large project that incorporates multiple teams.  In the server version, we could have an unlimited amount of Quick Filters on a project board.  Now in the Cloud environment we are seeing a limit of 30 Quick Filters on a board, is there a way to increase that setting?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hello @Alicia_Peebles 

You are allowed to define more than 30 Quick Filters in Board Settings > Quick Filters.

Where are you encountering the limitation?

Gonçalo Machado November 30, 2022

Hi Trudy,

I also find this limitation. Once you add the number 31, the quick filters tabs disappear, becoming just a drop-down list.

This use to work very well on premise,  where we use to have aound 50 tabs, but it is an anoing limitation in the new cloud version.

As result, we had to delete a lot of quick filters, otherwise is very hard to manage all the different filters.

Is there a way to fix this limitation?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

@Gonçalo Machado 

No, there is not.

You can see the intended functionality in a comment from Ho Kim on March 25, 2019 on this Closed change request

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16351

There is another change request that is still open asking for the Quick Filters in Jira Cloud to be expanded like they were in the Server/Data Center products. You can vote on it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71509

Like Gonçalo Machado likes this
Gonçalo Machado November 30, 2022

Thanks Trudy! I'm glad you show me the link where we can vote.

Alicia_Peebles December 13, 2022

Thank you everyone!  I have voted on this issue!

For large projects this is definitely something that is needed.

Suggest an answer