Is there a way to get a burndown chart for the entire project (not the active/passive sprint)?

Christopher Yang August 14, 2012

Hello,

I am currently using Agile JIRA Rapidboards to management my projects. The continuous question that I'm being asked is "When are you planning to be done?". I know that I can tell upper management when the sprint will be achieved or not, but what about the entire backlog? I currently have story points for all backlog items and when I use the GreenHopper Burndown Char gadget in the dashboard, my current project does not appear (I assume it is because it's configured for Rapidboard).

I realize that this might not an be ideal requirement for GreenHopper, but if there is a way to acquire this information or if I can "interpolate" the information it would be beneficial.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

I have not tried it for the rapidBoard but when using classic boards and a chart burndown, if you have selected, say, the "Feature backlog" as the parent (of all issues) then when selecting Feature Backlog for the fixVersion you get a burndiwn for the entire project.

Suggest an answer