Is there a way to get a burndown chart for the entire project (not the active/passive sprint)?

Hello,

I am currently using Agile JIRA Rapidboards to management my projects. The continuous question that I'm being asked is "When are you planning to be done?". I know that I can tell upper management when the sprint will be achieved or not, but what about the entire backlog? I currently have story points for all backlog items and when I use the GreenHopper Burndown Char gadget in the dashboard, my current project does not appear (I assume it is because it's configured for Rapidboard).

I realize that this might not an be ideal requirement for GreenHopper, but if there is a way to acquire this information or if I can "interpolate" the information it would be beneficial.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

I have not tried it for the rapidBoard but when using classic boards and a chart burndown, if you have selected, say, the "Feature backlog" as the parent (of all issues) then when selecting Feature Backlog for the fixVersion you get a burndiwn for the entire project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,752 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you