Is there a way to export all work logs from JIRA?

Francesco Bria March 26, 2020

Hello there!

I would like to export all my work logs from JIRA. Ideally I would like to export the following:

• Work Log ID
  • Time Spent
  • Date & Time Started
  • Work Description
  • Related Story
  • Related Epic

Can someone help me figure this out. The reason why I want to export all the time logs is that I would like to create a report on the time I spend on different stories/epics.

Thanks to whoever picks this up. F.

PS: I would prefer not to use any add ins.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2020

@Francesco Bria - are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Either way the short answer is - you can only do this with the help of a Marketplace App. Check out the time tracking apps here and use the filters on the left-hand-side to limit by the relevant hosting option.

Here is the link to the free time tracking apps - though you will have to check which ones offer exporting.

Francesco Bria April 17, 2020

Thank you very much for your answer. F.

Shawn Keene July 13, 2021

@Francesco Bria hate to bother you more than a year later, but I was wondering if you found a suitable app?  I am trying to export these as well and while I have nothing against apps, I'm usually more inclined to just get the data and make my own report.

Francesco Bria July 13, 2021

@Shawn Keene no I did not. But I did not continue looking to be honest. As soon as I realised I needed an app I stopped searching. I found another solution. I ended up using google spreadsheet. Sorry I cannot help :). All the best Shawn!

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2021

UPDATE:

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud comes with built-in reporting templates for worklog in Jira Cloud. Read more on how to export Jira Cloud worklogs to Excel here >>

17-issues-with-worklogs.png

@Shawn Keene , you haven't mentioned what target format you have in mind. Do you want your data in Excel and make your own report there? Google Spreadsheet, as @Francesco Bria mentioned doesn't work for you?

I'm also asking because I'm organizing the early access program of a new exporter app that's coming out soon for Jira Cloud and would love to include you (or anyone else interested!) and get your feedback. Please drop me a line at levente.szabo@midori-global.com if you would be up for trying this new Jira Cloud app. 

Suggest an answer