Is there a way to dynamically sort lists in a drop down for example Version Picker

Donald Skanes December 14, 2017

I would like to use the Releases defined in the Project however I would like to sort the versions in descending order alphabetically in the drop down when selecting them. Currently the Version Picker (multiple versions) just displays them in the order they appear in the Releases depending on whether they are Released, Unreleased or Archive. I would like to sort within those three based on Version.

Is a behavior the right way to do this or would it be possible to write a listener to do this? 

I have many Projects and each of those has many Versions so sorting them manually in the lists would be extremely tedious. Would much rather do this dynamically when the list is displayed on the screen.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hi Donald,

I see you discussed this topic on another thread and you determined you would sort "using the REST API (python) using move_version." 

I would also recommend creating a Suggestion on JAC for this functionality and posting the link here and in the other post so the Community can vote on it and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer