Is there a way to copy role assignments from one project to another?

Tyler Siefring March 12, 2018

I wanted to be able to copy not only the scheme, but the actual permissions assigned in the project. e.g. if I have a business analyst group and in project A I have already assigned the business analyst group to the scrum master role, when I create project B, based on project A, I want the option to create B so that the business analyst group is already in the scrum master role.  As it stands now, even if I create project B based on project A, I still have to go in to each project to assign groups to the project roles.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

Try then adding groups (or individuals) directly to the permission schemes instead of using roles and share those permission schemes with Project A and Project B. Thanks to that user will be having specific permissions automatically.

Tyler Siefring March 12, 2018

Thanks, I thought about that, but I read that Atlassian recommends the use of roles so wanted to exhaust that as a requirement first.  That may be the answer until Atlassian builds this into the create project flow or until someone adds this functionality as part of an add-on.  Here's looking at you Gaia: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ca.nuum.gaia/server/overview

Suggest an answer