Is there a way to connect Plesk with a phpMyAdmin db as JIRA's db?

Paul P. August 2, 2017

I have a CentOS 7 64bit OS server and I'm trying to connect the phpMyAdmin SQL db to JIRA to make it a default db.

My problem is that there isn't an explication on how to do this, the db is created(name and password) but JIRA can't connect to it because of jdbc. After downloading jdbc and "installing" it still nothing happens.

What is the best way to act to connect them and if there isn't, what other options considering SQL are there?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

You don't use phpMyAdmin or downloaded "installed" drivers for JIRA to do any of this.

By all means, use phpMyAdmin to *create* a MySQL database for JIRA to use, but that's where the involvement ends.

Download JIRA and run the installer, it will tell you if it needs drivers (and where to get them and install them) and then ask you for connection details.  It will self-test, complete, and the system will be ready to use.

Suggest an answer