Is there a way to change the field the Control Chart uses for Completion date?

Todd Perry October 23, 2012

We are using a global workflow transition to allow unprivileged users to edit certain issue fields as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=149834

However, this is causing problems with the Control Chart on the Rapid Board. If an issue is closed (which maps to our Done column), occasionally someone uses this transition to update the closed issue, perhaps to add or clarify a release note field, or to change a few other custom fields we use in reports.

Apparently the Control Chart is using the last transition time for that status, though, because each time the transition occurs, the issue pops back up on the chart, at the time the transition occurs. We have very old issues from 6 or more weeks ago that occasionally get a minor field update suddenly reappearing in the middle of the chart. I'm not sure, but I believe the cycle time for the issue is also messed up due to the dates, and it makes the average time graph useless.

Is there any way to configure the report to use a different field, such as the resolved date, or perhaps a custom field we can set ourselves?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2012

Hi Todd,

I know this has been around a while, but have you tried changing the columns used through the Refine option? You should be able to exclude the state/column that refers to these issue changes.

Hope that helps a little!

-dave

Suggest an answer