Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to bypass project creation when creating a new JSW site?

I need to create many sites for various reasons, and every time I do, I must go through the initial step of creating a project. This unnecessary action invariably results in me trashing the project immediately afterward. 

Is there a 'bypass all the intros' option to site creation?  That would be nice.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Rob Horan , there's no button for it but I always just navigate to a different part of the site via the URL. Something like <your-site>atlassian.net/jira/projects should do the trick.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Aug 18, 2022

There is not bypass in the UI, you would have to use the REST API in order to do it. Here is the link to the Create project endpoint.

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg  - the limiting factor for me is I would need to know how to use the REST API - and while this is something I would love to learn, it's also on my ever-growing list of things I want to get to but have no time to do so.

But also, I just want to get in and start configuring the site via the UI without having to destroy a project and all of the artifacts that get created with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events