Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I could see the projects etc.. from my bitbucket cloud in my Jira cloud?

sanjuam August 12, 2020

I have a bitbucket cloud account and jira cloud. So far I'm pleased with the integration of the two. I can see my commits and merges that are linked to a jira ticket.

However, the one thing I'm not pleased is that I have to create separate projects, components and versions on both platforms.

Isn't there  a way that I could create projects, components and versions on Bitbucket and Jira would just pick them up?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Hello,

I'm afraid that at the moment this is not possible.

Versions and components in Bitbucket are settings of repositories that have an issue tracker. There is no sync between JIRA and Bitbucket issue tracker (either with regards to issues, or with regards to settings like components and versions), as the intention was to use either JIRA or the Bitbucket issue tracker.

I can open a feature request for you if you'd like, for syncing projects, components and versions between the two products, for our development team to take into account.

I would just like to ask for some clarification: components and version in Bitbucket are repository specific settings. Would you like for them to be synced in JIRA, in the project with the same name where the repo belongs in Bitbucket?

Kind regards,
Theodora

sanjuam August 22, 2020

Hi Theodora,

I would just like to ask for some clarification: components and version in Bitbucket are repository specific settings. Would you like for them to be synced in JIRA, in the project with the same name where the repo belongs in Bitbucket?

This was my expectations. I hope this is a possible feature.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Thank you for your reply and clarification.

I have raised a feature request for this in our issue tracker:

I would recommend that you add your vote (by selecting the *Vote for this issue* link) and any feedback you may have there, and also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the *Start watching this issue* link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Feature requests are reviewed by our product managers and development team and they provide an update on the feature request tickets. Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here:

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events