Is there a quick & easy way to assign issues to people in the KanBan board?

I have many, many issues assigned to me in the KanBan board. It is my responsibility to review each issue and then assign it to the appropriate engineer.

But currently it is extremely painful to assign an issue. I have to click the issue's key in the KanBan board, which opens it in the right-hand mini issue view. Then I have to click the issue key in that view which opens the full item view. Then I have to click assign, then choose the person, then OK, then navigate back to the KanBan board. Then repeat the process again and again, etc.

Is there any easier way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

You can do it from the mini-issue view, click on the dropdown by the 'Cog' icon and choose 'Assign to me' or 'Assign', there's no need to go to the full edit screen.

Cheers

Norman

Use keyboard shortcuts.

j / k to move up and down the columns

n / p to move between columns

a to assign

. to do arbitrary transitions.

? To see all of the cool things you can do.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,088 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you