Is there a possibility to hide the 'child issues' of being display on Kanban board?

Lucas Ferreira August 17, 2022

Hey everyone!

I've been struggling to try to find some kind of option to hide the 'child issues' instead of being piled under the 'mother task' on a Kanban board of a company-managed project. (Example attached below)Exmaple Company Managed.PNG

I would like the same visualization we have on a Team-managed project, where the card only informs me that it has child issues, but doesn't pile them below itself.
(Example attached below)

Exmaple Team Managed.PNG

Does anyone know if that's even possible?

*Note: I prefer using the kanban company managed because of the option it gives me of separating the backlog from the board, like on a scrum template and the team managed doesn't allow me to do that.

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

You'll need the sub-tasks on the board in order to close them, but you can use a quick filter to hide them when you don't need to see them.  

The best filter (because it doesn't matter if people add more sub-task types) is

issuetype not in subtasktypes()

If you're going to work with them off-board, then you can add that to your board filter.  If you do that, make sure you rig your workflow to stop people from closing stories with open sub-tasks.

Thanks very much!

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , @Trudy Claspill , @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ thanks for the help, I successfully added the filter and it did exactly what I needed, however on team managed there is an 'icon' on the cards (same image as previously attached) that shows that specifically card has 'child issues', do you know if is that a thing we can enable on company managed as well?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Another option to consider is modifying the Sub-filter of your Kanban board to hide the sub-tasks. The Reports will be based on the primary Filter Query of the board, so sub-tasks would be included in those (where appropriate), but the Sub-filter allows you to reduce the clutter on the board without modifying the primary Filter Query or having to use Quick Filters.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Thanks very much!!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events