Is there a place where Classic Greenhopper functionality that will be ported to Agile Boards is listed?

Andreas Walsh June 25, 2013

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a place where Classic Greenhopper functionality that will be carried over when the Classic boards are dropped is listed?

For example, will version hierarchies be supported?

thanks!

Andreas

1 answer

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Hi Andreas,

Currently, the hierarchy for Fix Versions and the associated Start and End Date, has been replaced with a new Sprint object. For more information about what change in Classic to new Greenhopper board, please see click here.

Andreas Walsh July 12, 2013

Hi John,

Sprints and Versions are quite different concepts. They were only linked in the Classic Greenhopper due to the limitations of the old model.

However even with sprints the concept of Hierarchies of Versions is still very useful. E.g. I have an 18month release with 3 major milesones. These Milestones are tracked as sub-versions of the overall release version. Now I can say what is in milestone1, 2 and 3 and they are all in the overall release.

How I create sprints to deliver to those milestones is completely orthogonal.

Support for hierarchies of versions is a significant feature for Enterprise releases.

It is features like these which I would like to ensure are being migrated to the new Agile Board concept. It feels at times like the Agile police have taken over and what made Jira and Greenhopper so powerful (its flexibility for those who have to work within a non-ideal Agile world) is being lost.

Suggest an answer