Yes! You can do this with the official Jira Cloud for Slack integration.
Here are some screenshots:
1. In Slack, hover over a message, click on "More options" button that looks like a ":" with three dots. Choose "Add to issue" (powered by the official Jira Cloud app).
2. Select an issue that you would like to add the message to.
3. Click on the "Slack" panel in the side bar of the issue, and you'll see the message you added to the issue.
Furthermore, if you mention the issue key in conversation, that message will also be attached to the issue.
Hi, @Tina Mader if you are looking to capture more than one message or a threaded discussion you could take a peek at Integration+ for Jira (an app I am associated with) that goes a bit deeper in terms of integration.
Here is how this feature works:
1. You get a message in Slack
2. Users on your team jump into a thread to discuss the issue / alert / etc
3. You type `jira capture` and our bot asks if you want to create a new issue or attache the thread to an existing issue.
4. It copies the conversation back to Jira and links back to Slack.
It is also smart enough to know if you issue the capture command again not to re-copy the old messages so if more good intel is added to the thread you can re-capture it.
Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events