Is't possible to automate the xray reindexation for several project ?

Marie-Hélène PARISATO January 14, 2022

J’ai près de 50 projets et je dois les réindexer tous les jours à cause de la désynchronisation récurrente entre xray et jira (suppression de test d'exécution ou de plan de test)

Comment puis-je automatiser cela ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

You should only need to run an Xray re-index when there have been failures with Cloud communicating with the Xray servers.

This should not be happening often enough for you to want to automate it.

If it is happening a lot, or regularly, then you should raise a support request with Xray to take a look at why it is failing so much.

Vous ne devriez avoir besoin d'exécuter une réindexation Xray qu'en cas d'échec de la communication Cloud avec les serveurs Xray.

Cela ne devrait pas arriver assez souvent pour que vous souhaitiez l'automatiser.

Si cela se produit souvent ou régulièrement, vous devez alors envoyer une demande d'assistance à Xray pour voir pourquoi cela échoue autant.

I'm totally agree with you, i shouldn't have to reindexe daily but it's seems to be needed by the fact that deleting execution test or plan test generate desynchronisation beetwen jira an d xray. the question is why? OK, i'll create a ticket to the support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

That sounds like an Xray bug!  Definitely needs a support call!

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Marie-Hélène PARISATO 

You should not need to re-index on a regular basis. This should be run only on very rare occasions.

Please check the Xray Cloud documentation about the re-index: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Project+Settings%3A+Re-Indexing

If it is a recurrent issue; it is best to contact Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) to share your configuration so that the support team can investigate further.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

@Marie-Hélène PARISATO , Votre message est étiqueté pour Cloud qui ne nécessite pas de réindentation manuelle. Cela se fait automatiquement. Il n'y a aucun moyen de le faire manuellement. Peut-être êtes-vous réellement sur le serveur ?

i have a cloud solution and i have to reindexe really all my projet due to desynchronisation between xray and jira

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

Ah, sorry I missed the X-ray part of your question. Unfortunately I am not experienced with x-ray. Have you checked the documentation or open a support request with the vendor?

i will do if i don't have answer from community

Suggest an answer