Is possible to alter notification settings on Jira Service Desk based on priority?

Clarisse Sinnot December 18, 2020

Hi, 

1. Is possible to alter notification settings on Jira Service Desk based on priority? As an example if a high priority ticket is received both an email and a text are sent. 

2. Can notifications on Jira be alter by the time of day/hour? As an example my company uses Slack and you are abler to snooze certain hours and you wont get notifications. 

Thanks, 

Clarisse 

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Clarisse Sinnot ,

Not to push any apps but both functionalities can also be achieved with apps such as Jira Email This issue.

This does require you to set up a separate mailbox (not the default cloud one) but you will be able to send email based on JQL Contexts and also create beautiful HTML templates.

Otherwise as @Walter Buggenhout says, Automation if your friend. Even without the SLA you can define JQL's to calculate certain times of day (probably using startofDay() with an offset) and also include the priority in the JQL to send out the notifications.

Imho, the annoying thing is that Automation sends emails from yet another email address which you don't use in your email handlers..

Clarisse Sinnot December 21, 2020

thank you!!

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Clarisse Sinnot,

You could cover both requirements by combining notifications with SLA's.

If you set up an SLA, you can also link those with a calendar and related service hours. The SLA timer is automatically paused during non-service hours. Read more about SLA setup in the documentation.

On top op that, Automation allows you to trigger notification messages based on those SLA timings. Have a look at the Automation template library for example rules to set this up. 

Clarisse Sinnot December 21, 2020

thank you! I will look into this today!

Clarisse Sinnot December 22, 2020

Are you able to further explain how to specify the platform the notification will be sent from? I can see from the linked document how to set up a new SLA. What I don't understand is how I like the SLA to an action  (email, text)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events