Is it safe to turn off old Jira Agile Classic Baords modules?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2015

We are fine-tuning our JIRA instance. We don't use Agile Classic boards anymore, however there are links in the menu and tab in the project overview screen still pointing to this functionality.

We want this information taken off the screen. On the test instance I have turned off following JIRA Agile modules:

• Getting Started (greenhopper_welcomemat_dropdown_item)
  • JIRA Agile Menu Dropdown (greenhopper_menu_dropdown_classic)
  • more… (greenhopper_classic_dropdown_item)
  • GreenHopper (greenhopper-project-panel-tab)

It seems like it did the job well - no more unnecessary Agile Classic menu items. Is it safe to turn off these modules? Are there any dependencies on them?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Hi Blazej

I do not think there are any dependencies. Similar discussion was there and an Atlassian guy (Michael) confirmed this procedure.

See the link, where he explains the detailed steps

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/145338/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-classic-menu-item-from-the-agile-menu

Pilar

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2015

I must have missed it while searching for similar problems. Thank you very much for your directions :) That's exactly what I've been looking for.

Suggest an answer