Is it possible to view the status of a ticket if you are not in the project?

Paula Pokusa December 1, 2020

We have two teams working together, however due to some constraints one of the teams is not able to see any projects outside of their own. The issue we are facing is when one of their tickets is blocked by the other team's ticket they are unable to see the ticket at all. I am trying to find a way to allow the team to ideally be able to see the ticket number that they are blocked by but also the status of that ticket. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi Paula,

If they don't have access to the project (i.e. Browse Project permissions) there is no way to see any information about any issues on that project. 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Paula Pokusa 

I am wondering about the situation you describe... how can one team have work which depends upon on another team when they do not have visibility to each other's work items?  How do the plan and coordinate shared work?

Instead, is there an opportunity to give the shared work to just one team, breaking the dependency?

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events