Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is it possible to show the active sprint twice? swimlanes for Epics and another view for Stories?

As a PM I prefer to view the active sprint with Epic Swimlanes. But the devs want to see the active sprint with Stories Swimlanes. As you can imagine it is not practical to switch between both views. Is it possible to have it shown in both ways? (in two different views). Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, there's no way to swap between these - the swimlanes are defined in the board configuration, so they're effectively fixed.

However, I would happily cheat.  Create a second board, with the same configuration as the current board (most importantly, the same filter), apart from the swimlanes which you can define

Then, you use the new board (do not use it for creating and starting or ending sprints - it can work, but it can get messy unless you have a thorough understanding of how Jira handles sprints and adapt to it).  You don't even need to share it with the developers if you think they have no interest.  (But I would, so they can see how you are thinking!)

Just to note - @Javier Arce  - If you are working with a Team Managed project they do not natively support multiple boards. You can create a second board manually, but it will not function exactly the same way as the original Team Managed project board. Refer to 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Multiple-boards-in-Business-and-Team-Managed-Projects-You-bet/ba-p/1719761

0 votes

Thanks, creating a second board worked. Now I have one Project and two Boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,078 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events