Is it possible to show Assignee on the agile plan view?

Ryan McKinley March 12, 2014

The plan view has a special panel for VERSIONS and EPICS -- is is possible to group tasks by ASSIGNEE?

I have see the more general quesion:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88207/can-we-customize-the-columns-that-show-in-the-greenhopper-backlog-planning-screen

Although this would help, quickly showing tasks by Assignee would help evaluate team resource distribution.

thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2014

Hi Ryan,

There isn't a way of grouping them by Assignee in the Plan Mode.

You could create a Filter by user though and filter the Plan Mode with that.

I believe this is basically because in the plan mode, the idea is to determine the tasks that will be going to the sprint depending on the estimates of each task, priorities, team capacity, etc. Then you can move to the Work Mode and you'll have all the issues on the TO DO column at the left. At that time you can assign work individually and you'll be able to see the amount of work per person.

In plan mode you can still click on each issue and see the detail on the Right with the Assignee but there is no grouping possible that I am aware of.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
Mauro

Ryan McKinley March 18, 2014

thanks -- yes a pile of filters will work, but not as pretty!

Chelsea M Hash October 31, 2014

This makes sense for larger organizations with dedicated teams by discipline, but it makes it difficult for small cross functional groups. If all the tasks in the sprint are going to programmers, my artists and designers are twiddling their thumbs. Also, within those groups people have specialties making a department filter less valuable.

0 votes
Andreas Liebal January 19, 2015

Hi, we are hosting JIRA Agile on our server and I am also interested in displaying the avatar to the right of each story (task, bug..). Is it possible to set up or do I have to install a plugin?

Or is it only possible in JIRA Cloud version?

THANK YOU!!

0 votes
gwen goldberg August 18, 2014

In the help it shows a screen shot with the assignee icons but I do not see that. I just see related Epic and story points to the right of each story, no assignee icons but that is exactly what I am looking for!

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2014

Are you in Atlassian Cloud? What version of JIRA Agile are you in?

If you are in JIRA OnDemand (Cloud) then please create a support request at support.atlassian.com so we can take a closer look at the instance.

If not, please verify your JIRA version and update if neccessary.

Cheers!

0 votes
gwen goldberg August 18, 2014

But you cannot view in work mode until you already committed to the sprint. Is there a way to view who was assigned what prior starting the sprint? We like to assign issues in the planning meeting and it is hard to see what has been assigned without switching screens back and forth.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
August 18, 2014

Hi Gwen,

Yes, the icon at the right of the issue in the Plan mode shows you who is assigned to the task. See Using Plan Mode

For more details you can click the issue to display it fully without leaving the Plan board but the idea in when planning is to select the amount of work depending on the team's capacity. Usually the asignement of tasks is done when the Sprint is started by each individual by grabing them from the Work mode. http://guide.agilealliance.org/guide/sign-up-for-tasks.html

Cheers!

Suggest an answer