Is it possible to set a signature in Jira which will be automatically added to comments?

Katarzyna April 2, 2019

I would like to be able to add simple signature that would be added to each comment I post in Jira tickets. Something like:

Thank you,

Name 

or 

Name Surname

Title

Thank you,

Kasia

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

There is a "Canned Responses" option that can be used for this purpose in Service Desk, though I see you tagged this question as Software, where it seems not to be available.

jira.jpg

Katarzyna April 3, 2019

Hi Payne,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, it may not be available for Software.

Best Regards,

Kasia

Roland August 26, 2020

This only exists in server, not cloud.

Daniel Struis September 25, 2020

I need this for cloud, It feels like a basic function that is missing at the moment.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marcin Woroch
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2021

@Katarzyna @Daniel Struis are you're still interested in signatures for Jira / Jira Service Management in Cloud?

I'm a UX Designer in the team behind Canned Response Templates Pro for Jira app.

Apart from supporting canned responses themselves, we are soon going to add advanced support specifically for signatures in Cloud.

Would you like to get a sneak peak of the upcoming features and give some feedback?
I'll be more than happy to demo the app for you and learn more about your use case. :)

Daniel Struis April 28, 2021

@Marcin Woroch yes, still very interested.

Especially the "Replies to customer" part.

For now really looking forward to it, is it possible to enabled this on our cloud environment for the sneak peak ?

Like Marcin Woroch likes this
Marcin Woroch
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2021

@Daniel Struisthanks for your reply!

Do you have our app already installed on you cloud instance?
We're going to release the first version to all clients in 2 weeks' time – you should be able to access it then.

In the meantime – can you check the Signatures documentation page with the planned feature description?

• Does that make sense to you?
  • Are there any doubts/questions that you would like to get answers to?
  • Are there any other functionality that you would like to suggest?

I would also be more than happy to walk you through the app/interactive prototype  during a video call. If you (or anyone reading it!) wish so, and could spare ~30 mins – please feel free to pick a time. :)

Marcin Woroch
Marketplace Partner
May 11, 2021

@Daniel Struisas of today, we've released the Signatures functionality in Canned Responses.

You can learn more about it in the documentation and in the "What's new" section in the app itself.

Feel free to check it out. Also please reach out if we can assist you anyhow.

We still plan to iterate and improve it – your feedback and suggestions will be much appreciated. :)

Suggest an answer