Is it possible to revert from Greenhopper 6.2.2 to Greenhopper 6.2

Erik Husby May 30, 2013

Our users are not happy with the Greenhopper 6.2.2 RapidBoard's use of Avatars. The Avatars take up a lot of space and do not provide any useful information. An overwhelming number of our users have not specified an avatar so they get the default one. And many of the users that have specified an avatar do not use a picture of themselves hence one still can not easily identify who the person is. One of our rapid boards has 11 columns in it. Unless one expands the webpage to the width of a 27" screen, the avatar obscures userful information.

I see two solutions to this problem. Revert to Greenhopper 6.2 or dig into the code and modify webpage.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erik Husby May 30, 2013

Experiments shows that I could roll back from Greenhopper 6.2.1 to 6.2, but not from 6.2.2 to 6.2. Apparently they changed the database tables from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2.

Nice having an experimental instance to play with.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Only way back that I know of is to rollback your whole system, which you probably won't want to do.

Did you raise an issue/bug with Atlassian?

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

See similar threads here and here.

Basically, you could try to remove GreenHopper completely via UPM and then load the older version again. It's quite risky, though, because different database definitions might result in your old data being unusable in older GreenHopper (migrating data from an instance with newer GreenHopper to one with an older version often results in the plugin not working at all). You might want to try it on a test instance first.

Suggest an answer