Is it possible to restrict users on issue based on the value updated on components

pradeep km December 22, 2021

Hi Team,

I need to restrict external users for some issue based on the value updated on "component" field.
eg: 
Issue 1  - component (AA) - it should be visible to user.
Issue 1 - component(BB) - it should not be visible to user.

Is it possible....?

Regards,
Pradeep KM

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

@pradeep km 

Choosing Components is one side of the Story, 

You also need to define to whom the Issues should be visible for each Security Level.

For Example:

Say if we have Level 1 Security Level --> Only People in Level 1 should be able to select the Components

Security Level Group/Role  Components 
Level 1 Admins  Comp 1, Comp 2 
Level 2  Developers  Comp 3, Comp 4

With the above approach, you cannot restrict who can choose Security Levels, but not the Components. 

So to achieve this, make a combination of Security Levels that maps to components and add the Automation rule as suggested by @Sandesh Shetty 

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2021

@pradeep km 

You can use issue level security. For eg. security level A for component AA, security level B for component BB etc. And Add necessary users on security levels.

Please refer this doc. for information https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

pradeep km December 22, 2021

Hi,

I am aware about issue security scheme but my requirement is different.

example :
1) If story issue having component field updated as "AA" it should be visible to external user.
2) if story issue having component field updated as some other value then issue should not be visible to external user.
Is it possible.........?

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2021

@pradeep km 

You can restrict issue visibility only using issue security levels.

You can use some automations i.e. when a component is selected automatically issue security level is selected to that story.

Like Aaron Geister likes this

Suggest an answer