Is it possible to reply to a specific comment?

Riki YAMASHITA June 14, 2021

I'm using this service to manage all the tasks we have in our department. We are mostly using "Comment" function to put something that needs to be addressed or discussed.

I was wondering if there are "Reply" function to the comment because it is sometimes difficult to understand which comments relates to the comment that has been posted. I do not want extra tab like "Chat" where you see "Comment", "History", "Work log". I simply want "Reply" where you see "Edit", "Delete", "Emoji".

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

No you can't. But here is a feature request you can vote for: JRACLOUD-3406 

Thanks, I'll check this one.

Like cstolper likes this
Robert Wills November 4, 2022

Has Jira introduced the feature

Ashutosh Kumar May 8, 2023

Nope till May 9, 2023.

0 votes
Nancy_Zaiser July 30, 2023

A couple years later .... I had a difficult time trying to find a way to reply to a specific comment in Jira Cloud.  I found that if I hover to the right of the comment author's name and reference to how long ago the comment was posted, I am given the 'Copy Link' option.  I have been posting that link to the comment to which I want to reply in the reply.  So at least there is a way to trace back to the 'specific' comment that relates to my 'reply' post.
image.png

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Riki YAMASHITA ,

I believe that JIRA does not seem to have this feature. There is a open feature request

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3406

I saw a third party commercial plugin that may be helpful 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217033/threaded-comments?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Thanks a lot!

Like Niranjan likes this

Suggest an answer