Is it possible to reorder fields on the MOVE screen?

Jason Rittenhouse February 28, 2024

We have Jira projects that move issues between them frequently. Is it possible to reorder the fields that appear on the Move screen?  We would like to put the required fields at the top along with some other higher used fields. We've already removed fields that aren't needed to reduce the list a bit but Jira shows every field that is different between two projects which can be a lot to scroll through.

I've already tried reordering the fields on the issue screens (create/edit) but this has no effect on the Move screen. They're not in alphabetical order so I'm not really sure what dictates the order of fields on this screen.

This is the screen I'm referring to:

2024-02-28_10-34-27.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

@Jason Rittenhouse - I do not think it is possible to reorder the fields on the Move Issue screen, but I agree with you that this would be an excellent feature. If you go to 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ and hit the Submit a Request you can add a feature request. I did a couple of searches and could not find one for this feature. If you end up putting in a suggestion, please let me know and I'll upvote it for you. Also, if this answers your question please hit the Accept Answer button as that helps me. 

Jason Rittenhouse February 28, 2024

Sounds good, thanks!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Jason Rittenhouse and @Summer_Hogan 

It appears that idea was suggested a while ago and closed as "won't do": https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-30199

Perhaps review that one and then consider adding more / different benefits if you add a new suggestion.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events