Is it possible to rename the Workflow dropdown?

Steven Weir May 10, 2021

Hello!

We're trying to figure out is there a safe way to rename the Workflow drop down which appears when more than the specified amount of Transition buttons are displayed? 

We understand we could simply increase the opsbar size, but we wanted to check if it is firstly possible to rename the dropdown so that we can make it more descriptive for the users.

Thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hey Steven - I don't know of any way that you are going to be able to change that label for the dropdown. It think it is confusing, too. But you are probably stuck with it. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

If this is a company manage Project then you can simply low end of the transition and rename it

Steven Weir May 10, 2021

Hello, 

This is not in relation to a Transition name which would be very simple to change, or a project it is the global 'Workflow' drop down that is displayed next to the transitions buttons that are visible, and the remaining workflow transitions available from a workflow status are displayed under a 'Workflow' drop down.

I have attached an image for visibility.

ThanksWorkflow Drop.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

I just noticed that you were on server version. I had not noticed this before and may influence the accuracy of my response given I am on cloud. Wat is displayed in the drop down in cloud is the Status names. So changing the status names in the workflow would change the drop down. 

Suggest an answer