Is it possible to open two branches in one automation rule?

Eduardo García Moreno September 11, 2022

Hello all!!

I have a "requisito" issue that has "Test set" issues linked (by linking "is tested by") and these "test set" have "test cases" defined, added using the "add test" option.

Requisito.jpgTS.jpg 

I want to create an automation rule whereby passing a “requisito” to the "cancelado" state will automatically pass all the elements linked to the “requisito” (both the "test set" and the "test case") to the “cancelado” state.

I have defined the following rule:

Regla automatización.jpg 

With this rule, when passing a “requisito” to “cancelado”, all the “test sets” linked to “cancelado” would be passed, but to be able to cancel the “test cases” as well, what can I do?

- Is it possible to open a new branch within the created branch, with which to update the “test cases”?

- Or do I have to define a different rule to update the “test cases” from the update of the “test sets” and check the option “Allow rule trigger” to allow the actions of the rule that I have already created to trigger this new rule?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

Hi @Eduardo García Moreno 

What app are you using for the Test Management?

Eduardo García Moreno September 12, 2022

Jira Xray

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

Reading all this in Spanish makes it a bit difficult for me. However, let's try to solve this:

When an issue move to cancel, then you want all issues related to them, as well as the related issues to the first related issues, to be moved to cancel as well.

On your rule, you move only those issues on the 1st level of relation, meaning with the test set (which has a bunch of issues in it).

ON the other hand, the Test Set doesn't have any actual link to the individual tests. And my bet is that these linking doesn't exist within Jira. Most likely this is something that you could acquire from their API (https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/). I faced the same issue with Zephyr to which there was no solution.

I would advise you to contact directly the vendor and ask for instructions and hope for the best.

Eduardo García Moreno September 14, 2022

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events