Is it possible to not include filtered items in your sprint?

David Witherspoon February 6, 2013

Scenario -

I would like to have two teams working in a shared project/backlog and they do not have the same sprint length or timing. We use component to identify their issues and have quick filters to view their individual backlogs.

Issue -

When you apply a quick filter in plan mode to see one teams work and try to start a sprint it brings in the items that are unseen

I thought that in a previous version of GH this either was not the case or there was a way around it but I may have been imagining things. Anyone have a suggestion?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

two teams working in a shared project/backlog and they do not have the same sprint length or timing

I find these statement very contradicting. How can you get proper reports when sprints in a board have different Sprint timings? They would most probably have different estimates too.

I would suggest that you spread each team into two boards. And for the main filter for the board, use the component as a criteria. Your Sprints will then not have items from another component.

David Witherspoon February 13, 2013

Yeah, I know. Fiing our internal process is a better idea than customizing the tool... :-) Since they did not accept the option of splitting to two projects we will make do. Your approach is what I suggested as well...

Suggest an answer