Is it possible to merge a classic project into another classic project?

JRodney Estrada December 16, 2020

Hi all,

A user has requested a classic project be merged into another classic project. Would also like the history preserved. Is this possible?

I was thinking maybe just import the issues but I don't know how to do that.

Appreciate the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi @JRodney Estrada 

You may easily move the issues from one project to another, other than the obvious mapping issues for workflow, status, component, etc.

History is another story, as many of the entities driving history belong to the project: sprint and version.  You could choose to just move the open issues from Project A to Project B, leaving the source project alone for a stabilization time to examine history.

Best regards,

Bill

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

that would be my approach as well. Test w/ one issue to get a sense of how it goes.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
JRodney Estrada December 16, 2020

@Jack Brickey @Bill Sheboy thanks! do you happen to have a link to instructions on how to do it?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020
Like Bill Sheboy likes this
JRodney Estrada December 18, 2020

excellent, thank you! @Bill Sheboy  @Jack Brickey  @Trudy Claspill 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS