Is it possible to integrate Problems into the Incedent Workflow?

Leo January 18, 2021

Hello,

i'm looking for a possibility to integrate Problems into the workflow of Incidents.

I want to set up a stauts in the Inc workflow from which automaticaly a Problem will be created. When the problem is solved, the Inc should move automaticaly forward to the next status from which the Issue can be processed again or moved to solved.

Is that possible and when yes how can this be created?

Thanks for any response.

Best regards Leo

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan Forstmoser {Appfire} January 18, 2021

Hi @Leo 

have a look at this use case:

https://beecom-products.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JSU/pages/25680432/Testing+and+Fixing+Bugs

You can connect any 2 workflows with JSU in a similar way.

Use the following 2 workflow post functions:

Available for all platforms: Cloud, Server & Data Center.

Cheers
Stefan

Leo January 28, 2021

That would be a goog one :) and it works like the screenshots on your website are showing?

All I need for isthe plugin JSU?

Stefan Forstmoser {Appfire} January 29, 2021

Hi @Leo 

yes works like a charm :-) 

After the installation of JSU you still have to configure those 2 post functions to match your setup of workflows.

JSU can be used in many different ways. Very flexible. But this means you have to configure it a bit.

Just give it a try and follow those documentation links I've posted previously. If you struggle at some point, feel free to contact the JSU Support!

Cheers,
Stefan

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Leo 

It is possible to do it via paid add-ons such as Automation for Jira. Define a rule to create issue automatically then define a new rule to solve incident when problem is transitioned.

You can also use Script Runner, JSU, JMWE etc. This time, you need to add post-function to related transition in workflow.

Best regards

Leo January 28, 2021

Hi Tansu,

thank you for the response and sorry for my late reply - shouldent I receive an e-mail? Anyways, automatins are availabe in our Jira version and I try to set one with "A linked issue is transitioned". As IF I set Connection type and for Then I set the Processing part in the workflow that let it go to solved.

(sorry for my weird explanation, our Jira is in german - party at least - this dosent makes it easyer because the translation into german only translatet 60-70% - so another big problem is that all community of other forum articels tell about terms I have to figure out first)

Well anyway, it dosent work. Where is my error?

May you can tell which terms I have to set up in the automation (dont worry, i will handle the translation :)

Using scriptrunner or further plugins will be the next steps but only when this one wont work.

Thank you in advance

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Leo 

As I understand, you have Jira Service Management and you try to configure built-in automation.

Please check my sample rule.

When: linked issue is transitioned
If: linked problem is in Resolved status and source issue "incident" is in progress.
Then: transition issue to abc status.

automation.png

Automation for Jira (what I mentioned before) is a paid add-on and provides extra features. You can also assess this one if default automation features do not solve your problem.

Best

Leo February 8, 2021

Hi Tansu,

I got it :))) it works :)))) after nearly 2 weeky of trial and error and been lost in translation I found out the correct setting. Thank you so much for your screenshot. Ive been lost in translation though but what helped me was to find out in which "if type" I can add "status".

But when I open the logs I still get an error, but the status changes to "resolved (german: Fertig) anyways. Some other automaton colides here I think. I will figure that out.

Now the cherry on the cake would be, that all linked Incidents get a comment added, for example: Solved by the Problem-XYZ including the linked Problem name. How do I add the linked Problem in the text?

I tried it already with some dummy comment and i got an error, becouse I think I created another rule wich brings "solved" issus back to "in progress" when a comment gets added.

Suggest an answer