Is it possible to have a Kanban View and Scrum view in GreenHopper for the same issues

Else Stork November 19, 2012

Could it be possible to setup the Agile board for ahowing as a Scrum view with user stories and Kanban view for the same user stories?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

Hey there.

Generally, you are able to set up the boards according to the project(s) that you would like to include in them. In this case, as you may have known, the significant difference between Kanban and Scrum is that Scrum comes together with the Plan mode.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Creating+a+Board

In this case, you should be able have the same User Stories in both Scrum and Kanban if you ensure that both boards are using the same filters. Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your answer about sharing the Agile Boards view as Scrum and Kanban.

Only concerns I have is like if you are in Scrum board and then move a user story from Open to In Progress or Done, will this automatically be updated in the Kanban view?

Also when you enter in Scrum remaining work for the issues will this go well in Kanban view, and my concerns are if you can edit the values from both boards without anyhing goes wrong with the values in the database and that it updates the values correctly.

Has anyone experience with this type of using the rapid boards id more views?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

Hey there.

You are most welcome. Anyway, I have personally tested this on my side and when I make changes to issues in Scrum, it will automatically be reflected on Kanban as well. The only difference is that Scrum works using Sprint, when Kanban doesn't.

As for logging work, it's pretty much the same too. So far, I have not came across any issues (at least from my side).

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes

Thanks for your answers.

Suggest an answer