• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to grant access to an external organization (with or without atlassian account)

Is it possible to grant access to my Jira "project new generation" to external organization ?

I don't want to pay new licence, but my customer could open account (or may be not if possible) and then get connected to their "project new generation" (like I give them access into project parameters).

I don't want them to see "all my project" but only the project I gave them access.

How can I manage it ?

Do they have just to get an atlassian account for jira ?

Then how do they request access ? Or can I give them access without getting a licence on my side ?

Please could you guide me ?

Thanks by advance

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Nov 20, 2020

Anyone that needs access to Jira must be licensed. You can control what projects they have access to via the project settings of the project.

understood. In case of our consultants they are double licensed. They have already a licence and we need to buy another one for them to let them collaborate with us. Is this the game? I would appreciate a federation where people only need one licens from you and can work in the diverse accounts. What are your thoughts on that?

Like # people like this

I guess this answer doesn't really fit to the question. Imagine Tom is a consultant with an enterprise having e.g.  Jira use rights. Tom has a customer A also using Jira A gives Tom a license. Tom works also for customer B and C all using Jira. At of the story Tom has 4 use rights allocated. You sell a named user license. From my perspective 1 use right for Tom should be sufficient. It is a named user license.

Like Harry Rombach likes this
Jack Community Leader Nov 25, 2020

@Harry Rombach each instance requires a separate user license. Licenses aren't per user globally where they can log into any instance. One thing I did want to make clear here is that I do not work for Atlassian. I am a user like yourself.

Like # people like this

got your point. Can you give me a hint how to bring this topic to the attention of Atlassian?

Like Markus Wages likes this

@Jack OK, understood. That means that in Jira you can't be an external consultant (on Jira integration by the way) or any consultant in website development like ourselves. If we need to get involved into Customer A projects/Jira instance and get involved in Customer B projects/license, this means that I need to get a licence for A & for B. 2 licences ? 

(and I don't talk of the idea to get issue from one instance A, to copy in instance B or in my company instance C to share the job in my teams in between A & B project)... it starts to be expensive and not really efficient, I think.

Many thanks for your answer.

BR,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,193 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you