Is it possible to disable attachments for an issue type in Jira Cloud?

Lydia M June 23, 2021

We really need people to stop adding attachments to a specific issue type. Is it possible to make the Attach "button" at the top of the screen go away?Attach.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2023

Hi there!

Have you found a solution to this? Using a workflow property could do the trick, but it will require adding the same property on all workflow statuses.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/workflow-properties-938847526.html

I hope it helps,

Alex

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Hi Lydia,

You might try removing the Attachment field from the Edit screen for that Issue Type. Not sure that will work, but that's the only thing I know of that will will get close. 

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Maybe if you hide the Attachments field in a field configuration? Even then I think it is still there. You could write JQL to detect attachments in issues in that project as a warning, but in general I don't think this is possible

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events