Is it possible to create a classic board for an agile project without breaking things?

Chris Bacon May 22, 2014

We're running Jira Agile and are perfectly happy with it other than one minor annoyance. We'd really like to be able to print out agile cards without spending thousands of dollars on a plugin.

As far as I'm aware, this can only be done in Classic board view. Is it possible to keep our project on an agile board, but have a clone of it in Classic view so that we can print the agile cards from there? We won't be using Classic for any reason other than this.

1 answer

1 vote
Jose Jimenez May 22, 2014

Hi Chris,

Actually, classic boards are automatically created and associated with the project. Unlike the new boards, you don't need to create a classic board.
Just go to Agile -> Classic, and select the project you need in the Project Selector above the screen.

Hope this helps.

Chris Bacon May 26, 2014

Hey Jose,

Thanks for the reply!

I'm looking under Classic view and only 4 or 5 out of about 20 projects are showing under the available projects. These projects are really old ones, too, none of our more recent projects are showing up in the list.

Many thanks,

Chris

Jose Jimenez May 26, 2014

You are welcome Chris.

I have checked in my own instance, and you problem is really strange, since I can see all my projects in the Classic Bords (including the latest ones).

Have you checked your Permission Schemes to make sure you have the "Browse Porject" permission?

Best regards.

Chris Bacon May 29, 2014

Hey Jose,

I do have the Browse Project permission, but still nothing showing up under Classic boards.

Our JIRA admin did a bit of browsing and came across this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/The+Future+of+JIRA+Agile#TheFutureofJIRAAgile-Theplan

So it looks like Classic boards will be retired in the near future anyway - I think we'll have to find another way around our problem.

Thanks for your help anyway though!

Cheers,

Chris

Suggest an answer