Is it possible to copy field to custom field after edit (no transition)

Goran Dermeta April 13, 2018

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a clinch here, trying to save the first Due date to a custom field (Original Due Date) which is not editable on any screen, but need to do that without starting transition. Is that even possible on Jura 7.2.7?

With help of post function and Update parameters of the Copy value from field to field (JMWE add-on) Function for this transition, I managed to copy due date (if supplied) to Original Due Date field, which is now nicely shown on issue display, but I need to set that field without transition, so automatic field copy after issue edit.

Idea is to have the first set due date somewhere recorded and that it can't be edited, but it happens that due date is set multiple times before first transition is activated.

I am grateful for any ideas or hints

2 answers

0 votes
Goran Dermeta May 22, 2018

I forgot to post my solution in case anyone needs something like this:

- created a transition (button "Set Date") which goes into itself with a post function to copy field,

Its a transition, but a painless one, and does the trick.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2018

You would need a plugin for it like Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira.

Suggest an answer