Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is it possible to change the "Reporter" of an issue in a company managed project?

Previously on a team managed project I was able to change the reporter field, but now in a company managed project I am unable to change the reporter field when opening an issue. Is there a setting in the configuration to set this to allow the reporter field to be changed?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Tony Moore 

It's a permission in Company-managed Project - you need permission to Modify Reporter.

To change this:

1. Go to Jira Settings > Issues
  2. Select Permission Schemes from the left-hand menu
  3. Select the Permission Scheme pertaining to your Project
  4. Ensure the relevant user-level has the permission to Modify Reporter. For example, does another Project Role need to be added?

If the appropriate Project Role is in this permission:

1. Go to Project Settings > People
  2. Ensure users are assigned the appropriate role to get access to this permission

Let us know if this helps resolve your query!

Ste

Those specific steps did not get me there, as the options were not present on my Jira instance. However, I was able to utilize the Permission Helper to diagnose the issue, and as an administrator, I was able to find out how to add my self to the appropriate group. Not sure why I wasn't included in the group already, but we all know about assumptions! Thanks.

Ah yes! It could be a Group also.

I find Roles (even if you also use Groups in them) are easier to manage on a per-project basis, but there are lots of security requirements at companies so I understand why alternate methods are used :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,075 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events