Is it possible to add a custom field to the Kanban Board top menu?

John Ricard December 8, 2021

The Kanban Board has a menu at the top

Kanban Menu.JPGand the ... has the ability to hide or show menus. 

Kanban hide Menu.JPG

I would like to add a custom field to the Kanban Board menu.  I created the custom field and now I am looking for a way to make it part of the Kanban Board menu. 

Does any one know if this is possible and how to do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

HI @John Ricard ,

You can't add custom field to the kanban board menu. Custom fields are for the issue themselves. You can add it to the cards or search it as a quick filter on a board.

Thanks,

Ben

John Ricard December 8, 2021

@Benjamin 

Thank for letting me know this.

I will try to display the custom field's value in a quick filter.

Much appreciated

John Ricard December 9, 2021

@Benjamin 

How do I create a filter JQL query to display the value of a custom field?

e.g. the custom field is "Remaining Total" and I want to display the value of this field which represents the total for all the custom issue field "Remaining Estimate" for all the issues in a project.

( "Remaining Total" is equal to {{ lookupIssues.Remaining Estimate.sum }} )

Any thoughts?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@John Ricard : For this use case, wouldn't quite fit for a kanban board. The Kanban board is mainly to track tickets and the flow.

I've only seen this applied to e-mail templates using the lookup issues. So, I'm not sure this can work the way you intend for Jira Cloud.

Here's an article how lookup issue I've seen used:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/New-automation-smart-values-in-Jira-Cloud/ba-p/1402775

Thanks,

Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events