Is anyone having issues moving to "Done"?

Pedro Catoira July 6, 2020

We use 2 status for "Done", one is "Done" and the other is "Deployed", so we make a distinction on what was completed and what was moved to production. But suddenly it started to act in the opposite way - when we move it to Done, it goes to Deployed. And when moved to Deployed, it changes it to Done.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carl July 6, 2020

Sounds like a workflow issue to me

Pedro Catoira July 7, 2020

Thanks, Carl!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hi @Pedro Catoira 

When you have multiple status values assigned to a column on the board, you select which one to use when you drag-n-drop the item.

Are you using any workflow or automation rules that might be changing the status?

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I didn't find any changes in the workflow. I tried to find any triggers or any changes in post functions, anything unusual. I couldn't find anything. I will try to find the automation rules...

Thanks!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

First, consider viewing the activity for an item you believed changed status.  It will show who/how the status changed.  If it was automation that made the change...

To check for the rules, go to project settings, automation.  That will show you if there are any rules enabled for the project.  If there are global rules, they will be in the instance settings.

Hi Bill,

We found it here. I don't know how it happened. but looks like someone renamed the statuses "Done" and "Deployed" in the Workflow, making them switch to each other. So, the "Done" was pointing to "Deployed" and vice-versa. I've found it when I checked again the post-functions and noticed the switched labels in the opened Diagram for the event.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Pedro

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS